Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. May Allah bless you and your family. ICWC is glad to be a part of this joyous occasion. We want to make sure this will be a successful event for you and your future spouse.
Nikah is an act of Ibaadah and worship. In Islam Nikah is an agreement and contract between the husband and wife in accordance to the Qura’an and The Sunnah of the Holy Prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon Him). The Qura’an and hadith have given us clear cut information about the right of the husband and wife. The husband plays the role of the protector and provider. Nikah and marriage its one of the greatest sign of unity of two people who were strangers prior to Nikah.
Please note the following guidelines to help make your ceremony run smoothly:
- Mutual agreement (Ijab-O-Qubul) by the bride and the groom
- Two adult muslim and sane witnesses.
- Marriage License (72 hours waiting time before Nikah ceremony, license must be valid for 30 days.
- Mahr (marriage-gift) to be paid by the groom to the bride either immediately (muajjal) or deferred (muakhkhar), or a combination of both.
- If previously married, date and certificate of divorce.
- Photo ID of both bride and groom.
- Legal guardian (wakeel) representing the bride
- Written marriage contract (“Aqd-Nikah) signed by the bride and the groom and witnesses by two adult and sane witnesses
- Imam a responsible person officiating the marriage ceremony
- Khutba-tun-Nikah to solemnize the marriage
- The Marriage Banquet (Walima) – After the consummation of the marriage, the groom holds a banquet called a walima. The relatives, neighbors, and friends are invited in order to make them aware of the marriage. Both rich and poor of the family and community are invited to the marriage feasts.Prophet Muhammad (S) said:’The worst of the feasts are those marriage feasts to which the rich are invited and the poor are left out”. (Mishkat)It is recommended that Muslims attend marriage ceremonies and marriage feasts upon invitation.2Prophet Muhammad (S) said:”…and he who refuses to accept an invitation to a marriage feast, verily disobeys Allah and His Prophet”. (Ahmad & Abu Dawood) please fill the Contact us form and our Imams will be in contact with you to schedule your Nikkah. Please allow a grace period of 3 business days for a confirmation of your Nikkah.